2. By the end of this year, seven of the world’s 10 largest malls will be located in China.
3. Indian business leaders work the longest, at 57 hours per week, and were the third-most stressed workers in the world behind China and Taiwan.
4. In 2007, the hottest-selling cosmetics item in India’s smaller cities was skin-lightening creams for men.
6. China is the biggest blogging market in the world. It is also the biggest IM market in the world.
7. The United Nations Human Settlements Program projects that one-quarter of the global population will live in so-called slums by the year 2020.
8. More than half of all cell phone users now live in developing countries, making the mobile phone the first electronic technology to garner more users in the Third World than the First.
9. In a fight against “visual pollution,” all billboards and outdoor signs have been outlawed in Sao Paulo, a city of more than 16 million inhabitants.
10. Homebuilders in an exclusive suburb of Moscow typically offer to throw in a helicopter with every purchase of a new home. Until this year, there were more billionaires in Moscow than in New York.